I find myself wanting to write. I can't find a whole lot subject-wise. I could rant on and on about office politics which really were ticking me off today. Truth is, I love my job, but not the politics involved. Everybody is worried about my taking their place....I didn't even angle to move up to where I am, but I didn't displace anyone in gaining this position. People who used to love it when I offered a hand are now protectively guarding their space and desperately trying to put obstacles in the path I take to my space. You know how it is. STOOPID. Not worth the rant.
I want to write about my son's new romantic feelings....but I'm too confused by how I feel about how he feels. Torn. Worried and Accepting at the same time.
I want to bounce brilliant ideas and profound thoughts out into the blogosphere and have them come back improved and applicable. I'm brain dead though....and no one seems to do that anymore. I remember when blogging was new.... OMG!!!! Every read was a new adventure. To be one of the lucky one's who had their writing commented on was an honor that gave me thrills beyond belief. How I miss our spirited cyber-conversations... I even miss the flame wars.
I guess I just want to reach out for some reason.
Maybe its the State of America right now.
I've deliberately stayed out of politics this election. People have wondered to me why I was keeping my mouth shut and my fingers still. Don't I have an opinion? Its not that really....I think I'm just being cautious. I was so bewildered by the last election that I am still in psychic recovery.
I can't trust our politicians, my party, or even the American public to make the best decision for the ultimate good of our country. Not after Bush's second win. Our system worked beautifully that election....but the American people failed America.
Sometimes I think we've been so inundated with information from biased sources that we've forgotten how to think for ourselves. Maybe we have just become too lazy. Its not that I think everyone should vote as I do.... I just don't want to hear the stupid reasons why they are voting for who they are. No one is asking the hard questions. I don't think anyone really wants to know the honest answers. Whatever it is, I am too scared to let myself care that much about the rest of the voters. I will just make the best decisions I can and pray. I haven't lost faith in God yet....just the intelligence of my co-Americans. I'm disillusioned.
My writing is sometimes too personal these days. My opinion pieces are few and far between, and often border on safety. Lord I wish I were one of the daring ones again. I wish I could bring myself to write things that I feel everyone is thinking but afraid to say. The emporer is nekkid! Yo! that ain't clothing baby---that is hideous! Even his castle has crumbling walls! Instead I whine and bemoan and keep it personal. I don't want to offend anyone or any entity.
I'm coming way to close to being politically correct. I don't like it.
Help?
Words
-
*I miss words. When blogging was young I jumped in it both feet and I
swam through posts of my friends on all the hot topics of the day. Those
words ins...



2 comments:
I wrote my very first political piece last week about Sarah Palin and held my breath. The only negative feed back I received was from my pal in Fl (wouldn't you know!!)who is behind McCain because her husband and ultra-smart 16yr old son are supporting him. I was reading the Rolling Stone piece about McCain yestereday and got about half way through it, I was reading it gleefully anticipating my copying it and mailing it to her....when I realized she would not read it! I am very afraid about the upcoming election. So much is riding on it. Anyway, keep on writing about not writing. I throughly enjoyed it and read it from end to end and not skim one bit. It is so nice to have found you again, and yes....the times have changed dramatically, but then again, so have we.
I make it a practice to not talk politics because I sound stoopid and uninformed, though I DO know the reasons I vote the way I do. I've already sent in my early ballot, and I'm quite happy to have the whole procss over with for another 4 years.
Anyway - I enjoyed your post about having nothing to write about. Things are very different than back in the flame war days. Seems no one cares much any more about the "Blogsphere." ~~Kath~~
Post a Comment